Last month, we asked each of you to take the first step toward tackling plastic pollution. Skipping the straw may seem daunting, but imagine this: if each person in the U.S. said no to plastic straws for just one day, we could eliminate 500 million straws, or 125 school buses filled with plastic. A very positive impact for the ocean!
So you CAN make a huge difference — and skipping the straw really is just the first step. If you are already nailing this challenge, awesome! We'd love to hear from you. Share your #firststepsstories on your favorite social channel. Don’t forget to tag us.
Struggling with the challenge? We understand. But remember, there are alternatives to plastic straws, such as paper and stainless-steel. Grab a friend, start today.
- New Year's Day, join us to kick off 2019 right.
- Martin Luther King Day, January 21, is right around the corner and offers free admission. We'll also host a canned food drive and the Red Cross will be on-site for donations as well.
- Are you a local researcher or educator? Don’t miss SciREN Coast Networking, February 7.
- February 10, we're hosting our 2nd Autism Friendly Day.
- And, don't miss Get Hooked Fishing School, March 16. A great gift for the whole family.